26 September, 2007

Chidambaram

In the process of rediscovering myself, I have found an interesting thing that I connect more with the places where I have spent my life, than with anything else. In plain language, my mind gets attached more with the places (locations) and the culture of the general public than with any person or belonging; This inner self, I presume has led me to travel more, explore places, learn new languages and cherish the moments spent in observing the people who are complete strangers.
But Chidambaram is much different; Its my birth place, it is there I have spent my childhood, adolescence and early manhood.The town, given its location and the presence of a large residential university has a rare blend of a spectrum of entirely different cultures in absolute amalgamation.

It has been more than five years since I moved out of Chidambaram; So, what does Chidambaram mean to me, now

-The so-called 'Home town'
-A 'must visit' twice a year
-New buildings and widened roads that are so alien to me
-Renovated / Relocated / Demolished landmarks (Courtesy: The NEW Over-bridge)
-Mistaken identities (Courtesy: My look-alike younger brother)
-Reminiscents of my school and college life
-Migrated friends
-family updates (new baby born to my mother's cousin's sister etc,.)

Then, what do I really do at home

-Read (This time it was Ponniyin Selvan-Part IV)
-Sleep for hours together
-Enjoy home-made food
-Bed coffee luxuries
-Watch TV . . . all those untiring Tamil channels
-Murthy Cafe parottas
-play with my doggie, Robin
-and some photography

Definitely, I would call it a BREAK, a real BREAK from this Home-Office-Home routine in Baroda;

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Baroda, Gujarat, India
Nagappan Ramanathan Baroda, Gujarat, INDIA "My blog will let you know about me . . am too humble to talk about myself . ."

Followers